Sacha is a children´s writer based in Wellington, New Zealand.
She is the author of picture books Keys, Ngā Kī, The Marble Maker, and Te Kaihanga Māpere. Sacha has also been involved in writing for The Kiddets, an animated children’s television series produced by Pukeko Pictures.
Before publishing her first book Keys, Sacha gained a Bachelor of Arts degree and a teaching diploma. She worked in a variety of interesting jobs and traveled and lived abroad for several years.
Whilst living in Valencia, Spain, Sacha completed several short film courses. During this time her short script 'Wasabi Peas' was a semi-finalist at the 2013 L.A Comedy Shorts Festival.
Since returning to New Zealand Sacha has completed the Writing for Children Workshop with the Institute of Modern Letters at Victoria University. She has also participated in a writing workshop under the tutelage of Kate de Goldi.
Sacha loves lots of things like stop motion animation, daydreaming, biscuits, books, chatting, dancing, curly dogs, space noodles and woolly mammoths named Stanley.
· LIANZA Children & Young Adults Book Awards 2015 Te Kura Pounamu (Te Reo Māori) Finalist for Ngā Kī
· New Zealand Book Awards for Children & Young Adults 2015 Picture Book Finalist for Keys
· New Zealand Book Awards for Children & Young Adults 2015 Māori Language Award Winner for Ngā Kī
· IBBY International Honour List 2016 for Ngā Kī (translation)
· New Zealand Book Awards for Children & Young Adults 2017 Winner of Te Kura Pounamu Award for Te Reo Māori for Te Kaihanga Māpere