Sacha is a children´s writer based in Wellington, New Zealand. She grew up in and around Kawerau in the Bay of Plenty.
Sacha is the author of picture books Keys, Ngā Kī, The Marble Maker, Te Kaihanga Māpere, The Bomb & Te Pohū - all published by HUIA.
Before publishing her first book Keys, Sacha gained an arts degree and a teaching diploma. She worked in a variety of jobs and lived abroad for several years.
Whilst living in Valencia, Spain, Sacha completed several short film courses. During this time her short script 'Wasabi Peas' was a semi-finalist at the 2013 L.A Comedy Shorts Festival.
Since returning to New Zealand, Sacha has completed the Writing for Children Workshop and the Master Class in Television Script Writing with the International Institute of Modern Letters at Victoria University, Wellington. She has also participated in a writing workshop under the tutelage of Kate de Goldi.
Sacha loves lots of things including stop motion animation, daydreaming, biscuits, books, chatting, dancing, curly dogs, space noodles and woolly mammoths named Stanley.
· LIANZA Children & Young Adults Book Awards 2015 Te Kura Pounamu (Te Reo Māori) Finalist for Ngā Kī
· New Zealand Book Awards for Children & Young Adults 2015 Picture Book Finalist for Keys
· New Zealand Book Awards for Children & Young Adults 2015 Māori Language Award Winner for Ngā Kī
· IBBY International Honour List 2016 for Ngā Kī (translation)
· New Zealand Book Awards for Children & Young Adults 2017 Winner of Te Kura Pounamu Award for Te Reo Māori for Te Kaihanga Māpere
-Storylines Notable Book Award 2019 - Picture book - for The Bomb